Looking for Books

I am a book hoarder and that's why my to-be-read shelf is growing almost everyday. This is my addiction. I love the smell of books especially the old, used with yellowish pages. It only means that they are always read and loved by its owners. That's one reason why I refuse to read ebooks. With ebooks, I cannot savor the feel of each pages on my fingertips.

When I was on my third trimester of pregnancy, going to bookstores became uncomfortable. So I gave ebooks a try. My first ebook is a classic Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy and its a loooong read. Good thing  about reading on my Android is the light and font adjustment. Bad side is every time I accidentally touch the screen, it goes to the next page. After two more books, I finally got used to it. I started to stock ebooks on my device which saved me a lot of shelf space.

Anyway, I'm always on the lookout for great book deals, and so far, here's the list of what I found out:


  • Amazon - partnered with Kindle. My dad is an avid Amazon customer. Since he bought most of his books here, we split on the shipping and taxes fee on my paperback buys. I also browse for ebooks on my laptop and it automatically sends my bought books to my device. Most of the ebook Classics are free. I stumbled on some good reads from new aspiring authors.If it's a series, the first book is free then the second book will cost about $2. 
  • Alibris - this is a great place to look for First Edition, collectible, signed and antiquarian books. 
  • Barnes & Noble - your choice if you have a Nook.
  • eBay - where I buy secondhand books cheaper than Amazon and Alibris.
  • The Book Depository - They offer free shipping worldwide but the books are a bit pricier.
                                                       Happy book hunting!









No comments:

Post a Comment